Operational Medicine Consultants, in Partnership with Virginia Commonwealth University, is pleased to offer CME/CEU credits in the field of operational medicine.
OMC’s current VCU offering: Advanced Deployed Emergency Practitioner Training (ADEPT) Online
More information & registration:
Currently available ADEPT online streaming video training modules include:
- Understanding tactical combat / emergency casualty care and controlling massive hemorrhage (TCCC & TECC) : An introduction to the essentials of TCCC and TECC and the fundamentals of controlling massive hemorrhage in the prehospital environment. This course is intended to be a prerequisite for all other courses of the ADEPT online training series for those who have not worked in the tactical medicine environment or who have not had previous formal training in TCCC or TECC.
- Management of Adult and Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) management in the Prehospital environment: Prehospital management of traumatic brain injury (TBI). This module guides the provider through identification of mild TBI; the most commonly missed TBI. Updated for 2018 with CPG, guidelines for the use of hypertonic saline, ketamine, fentanyl, midazolam and ventilator settings for the prehospital environment for the treatment of moderate and severe TBI. This module is new for all listeners. It also looks at new recommendations for the use of plasma and blood products in traumatic brain injury casualties. Additionally, this module covers Arizona EPIC pediatric TBI guidelines so the user is exposed to pediatric management parameters.
- Adult and Pediatric Field Pain Management: This module focuses on providing a multi-modal pain management approach, using novel methods and maximizing traditional methods to manage the severely injured casualty in the austere environment. Including the proper and safe usage of ketamine and fentanyl by the medical provider.
- Shock, Fluids and Field Whole Blood Transfusions /Remote Damage Control Resuscitation (RDCR): In addition to reviewing the appropriate usage of crystalloids and synthetic and natural colloids in the prehospital environment, this module goes into the details of the return of field whole blood transfusions (remote damage control resuscitation) and the utility of such a lifesaving intervention for a trauma casualty in impending shock in the austere environment.
- Prehospital Adult and Pediatric Emergency Airway: This module explores options in the prehospital management of adult and pediatric management with airway devices including nasopharyngeal airways and extraglottic airways including videos of the new supraglottic iGels being used. We discuss rapid sequence intubation in the field with usage of Ketamine and sugammadex. Front of neck access and surgical airway, cricothyroidotomy is discussed and the importance of the limitations and alternatives with pediatric patients is covered in this module.